I do believe this is the first dress I have ever made! And it was really easy too – always a plus :) Here’s what I did:
- Cut off an old tank to the appropriate length, make sure to leave seam allowance.
- Cut a rectangular piece of fabric for the skirt, about 1.5 times the length of the waist.
- Sew a straight stitch to the top of the skirt part, pull top thread and gather to fit bottom of tank.
- Sew tank to dress, right sides together.
- Hem bottom of skirt, leaving a little hole to thread elastic through.
- Thread elastic through bottom hem of skirt, sew elastic ends together and finish hem.
If you pull up the top just so, it makes a cute bubble hem top as well! :)